Friday the excavator arrived and began to cut and level the building site. Unfortunately he could not finish Friday as some large tree roots were found that needed a larger machine to remove them. Hopefully he will be able to finish on Monday. Another unfortunate surprise was the concrete foundations for a wall around the old pool. The excavator easily removed them, but they now need to be disposed of.
|Removing the grass
|Checking the levels
|A semi load of timber
|A lot of timber
I asked them to unload it at the back of the block, near the garage but away from the survey pegs. Unfortunately I arrived on site Thursday night and saw one of the pegs surrounded by timber. I started work moving, sorting and stacking the timber, working to 10pm and starting again the following morning at 6.30am. Working throughout the day I moved enough timber to access the, previously surrounded, peg and allow the excavator to clear and cut the site. By half way through Saturday I had moved about 1/3 of the timber.